Saturday, May 2, 2009

Adventureland (2009, U.S.)

I loved this movie. I thought it looked like a stupid teen comedy from the previews (and that's probably what they were going for), but it was actually a very serious, sad, funny, touching story about growing up and finding your place in the adult world. It was truly wonderful.

I don't know really what else to add. The acting, mis en scene, scripting, everything was just so well done. I can always live without the use of modern music instead of a score, but it worked pretty well for it.

It's terribly embarrassing, but I really have become a Kristen Stewart fan. Sometimes she's weaker than others, but for the most part, she is absolutely enthralling.

I would recommend this film to anyone and everyone, but especially recent graduates who are having a hard time getting started in life, or people who remember what that was like.

Rating: 4.5

No comments: