Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Hard Candy (2005, U.S.)

I just don't even know what to say about this one. A pedophile (or is he?) versus a 14-year-old girl (slash psychological torturer?). Who do you want to win this battle? I'm not sure.

The film's intense. Ellen Page and Patrick Wilson did some of the most brilliant acting I've seen in ages. The plot was intriguing, the suspense gripping. Really well done, and with a total of five actors (although most of the action dealt with only two).

It's an amazing film. I can't say that you will enjoy it because of its dark themes and how uncomfortable it will make you feel, but you can't argue against its value as a work. (Hence the lack of a strong rating one way or the other.)

I just don't have anything else to say. You'd have to see it for yourself.

Rating: 3.0

No comments: