Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Man on the Train / L'Homme du train (2002, France)

What an interesting film. It was quite slow and required a lot of thinking (at least if one was to appreciate it fully), and I'm afraid I was a bit too exhausted to be watching it when I did. However, I did enjoy it. It was about a bank robber and a retired French teacher who met randomly and wished they could have the other's life. It was quite subtle and required the viewer to read much further into little conversations and actions. Several days after viewing it, I am left with only a vague feeling of the whole, which is probably why I have so little to say about it. I will say that the ending was a total surprise, and quite incongruent to the rest of the film. But it was decidedly the best part. Interesting.

Rating: 3.5

No comments: