Sunday, July 5, 2009

What Happens in Vegas (2008, U.S.)

Anyone who knows me knows that Ashton Kutcher and Cameron Diaz are on my least favorite actors list. They also know that I'm choosy about romantic comedies, and I never go for stupid ones. So why did I watch this flick? Because I was house sitting and it was on the fancy movie channels and there was nothing better to do.

That being said, it wasn't too terrible. It could have been worse. In fact, the concept was quite good. The biggest problems was the casting, obviously. I imagine that with a wittier (and more tasteful) script and better acting, this could have been a great movie, à la Cary Grant/Katharine Hepburn style romantic comedies. It had that situational/physical/screwball comedy thing kind of going for it, plus a few decent jokes. and again, good concept.

So while it's not a complete waste of time, I wouldn't recommend watching it unless there was something better on.

Rating: 2.5

No comments: