Friday, July 3, 2009

You I Love / Ya lyublyu tebya (2004, Russia)

The number of times I've said I'm not going to let Blockbuster pick movies for me anymore... You'd think I'd've learned by now.

This movie was just insane. I really don't know what to say about it. There was some love triangle going on with two very strange Russians and an even stranger Mongolian. (At least, that's what I think he was.) There were reindeer. Apples in bed during love scenes. Strange music. Trippy gay house parties at the home of prominent politicians. I felt like I was on something when I watched this, and then I wasn't even satisfied with the ending.

I would probably recommend this to people who like weird movies. People who feel the need to watch an obscure Russian film. People who have an apple fetish. Yeah. I'm sure it was supposed to be edgy and artsy, but I clearly didn't get it.

Rating: 1.5

No comments: