Sunday, June 21, 2009

Kissed (1996, Canada)

I don't think anyone will be surprised to know that Blockbuster recommended this movie to me. It's an indie Canadian film about a young woman obsessed with death. I thought that sounded interesting. I didn't realize her obsession would be sexual.

From the beginning, this one made my skin crawl. From a young girl stripping to her undies and rubbing a dead animal's blood on her to a young woman finding employment at a mortuary so she could engage in sexual acts with corpses... It was just icky, for lack of a better word.

I have to say that the concept was good, as was the writing and the acting and everything. Really, it is something that makes you think. Unfortunately, I just couldn't get past my crawling skin to appreciate it more.

Rating: 1.5

No comments: