Monday, June 29, 2009

The Pianist (2002, France/Germany/UK/Poland)

Adrien Brody is a genius. He has such an impressive acting range, I just can't say enough to praise him. The variety of intense emotions he can portray just leaves me speechless.

This film was powerful, you can't deny it. I think the main reason that I didn't like it more was because it was so long, which gave a good feeling of time passing, but they didn't use a lot of the time as well as they could have. So many scenes that seemed like the natural progression of the story just never happened.

However, since the whole movie was pretty much Brody on his own, it was powerful stuff. Music was also beautiful. I would definitely recommend this for music lovers, Holocaust buffs, those who like character-driven films, and those who like slower-paced historical drama.

Rating: 3.5

No comments: