Thursday, August 6, 2009

Bride and Prejudice (2004, UK)

I never felt the urge to watch this movie, but sometimes you have to do things that make your friends happy. Well, this film did not make me very happy. To be fair, I have to say that I will never see anyone but Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy. (I even refuse to see the 2005 version, much to many people's consternation.)

I will say a few good things about it. Mostly, I loved the Bollywood aspect. When people just randomly broke into choreographed song and dance in the middle of the street or a party, it was awesome. Especially when Naveen Andrews was involved, and looking so sexy.

Otherwise, it was pretty dumb. There was no chemistry between the actors, bad acting (I know one of my friends loves Martin Henderson, but please), bad writing... Miss Austen would not be pleased. Just say no.

Rating: 2.5

No comments: