Thursday, January 27, 2011

Luftslottet som sprängdes (2009, Sweden)

Larsson's novels were very complex and involved a lot of detail about Swedish politics. The films, especially this third film, was much more simple, but still a passable adaptation. The first was definitely the best. This was an interesting look at the Swedish legal system. Apparently the judges/jury, prosecution, defense, and witnesses just sit in a big circle and talk it out! It makes it difficult to believe that the corruption that's the basis for these stories could possibly occur in such a country.

My biggest complaint about this installment was the abrupt ending. It just felt way too sudden. Otherwise, my comment would all be repetitive from the two other films. I will repeat, I think for the second time, that Noomi Rapace is a stellar actress. I look forward to seeing her in more movies.

Rating: 3.5

No comments: