Thursday, June 26, 2008

The Bucket List (2007, U.S.)

This was one of those movies that I figured I would watch if the opportunity ever presented itself, but I wouldn't be crushed if I never saw it. This was mostly because I love Morgan Freeman and hate Jack Nicholson. Though the previews looked good, I couldn't quite get over that Jack Nicholson bit. So my mom wanted to watch this, so I watched it with her.

Well, the movie was okay. It had some slightly funny parts, some parts that were quite moving, and some Morgan Freeman. (Really, you can't say no to him.) Also Sean Hayes was in it briefly, and I love him too. But mostly, this movie could have used more of everything. More humor, more drama, more character development, more Morgan Freeman. Ha ha.

The ending was beautiful, however, and I thought it almost made up for the weakness of the rest of the movie. Overall, it was entertaining and a good little movie. Not an award-winner or anything, but good enough.

Rating: 3.0

No comments: